Friday, September 16, 2011

Toddlers&Tiaras turn into Teens with issues!

This girl would be adorable with no makeup.....just what a 5 year old should be--ADORABLE!
  I was reading this weeks issue of People Magazine and was appalled at what I saw!
I cannot believe that this show is being aired on television, much less The Learning Channel!! I am not opposed to beauty pageants, I am opposed to how far these parents take it.  These little girls are dressing up like 25 year old prostitutes!! Yes, I mean literally. I love the movie Pretty Woman, but come on!! This next video is THE most appalling video of all in my eyes. Just plain sick, twisted and TOO far!!!



  I wonder what would possess a parent to push their children into this sort of activity instead of ballet, dance or the many other child oriented sports/activities out there? Every child should know that beauty starts from within,  not encouraged to change their appearance in order to be beautiful. If your child likes to play dress up and wear makeup, why not acting lessons? I just think this show sends the wrong message to our youth, and that being a young woman in a shallow world is tough enough already without fake tans and false lashes at 5 in order to be pretty.  I think that these parents are trying to live through their children!! Their children are little pawns. I've seen it all, from mothers SCREAMING at their kids, to waxing their 4 year old!


   Take a look at the little girl who's mom does her makeup so she can be pretty for her mom. And before you say it's for the fun of it, does this look fun to you? 


  Where is the line drawn here? I mean what happened to the olden day beauty pageants? You know, the curls and the ruffles and the cute little poems? I say keep them young, pure and care free like a child should be. Let them be kids. I personally think that every child is beautiful, more so when they are their silly little selves; Au natural!


XoXo ~Lisa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment